If you’re looking for the most durable kitchen countertops on the market, choose granite. Granite is a stone forged through intense heat, making it resistant to high temperatures and scratching. It’s for this reason primarily that so many homeowners choose granite countertops, but they’re also extremely attractive. Granite countertops come in a huge variety of colors and styles to suit any home. Additionally, these kitchen or bathroom countertops are extremely low-maintenance and easy to repair. For the best installation and the widest selection of colors, choose RT Granite. We specialize in granite countertops, so we’re always here to answer any questions you might have.
Pros of Granite Countertops
- Each slab of granite is completely unique. Since it is a natural substance, no two sheet will be identical.
- As granite can be cut into large slabs to cover a bigger area, there will be fewer seams for a cleaner look to your countertops.
- Granite comes in a wide variety of colors and natural patterns to choose from.
- It is a very durable stone to work with.
- When professionally sealed, granite is liquid and stain resistant.
Cons of Granite Countertops
- Seems may be needed to fit your granite countertop properly into your space, which can be quite noticeable.
- Granite should be sealed each year, otherwise, it may absorb liquids that could cause irreversible staining. As well, bacteria may breed in unsealed areas of the countertop.
- Even though granite is a hard stone, it is still susceptible to chips and cracks under extreme pressure.
- Different tones and grains in the stone may not be to your liking. Replacing the granite countertop to match your tastes can be costly.