Marble countertops are some of the most stunning and attractive options for any home. Ideally suited for bathroom countertops, marble is an extremely popular option thanks to its unique appearance. Every piece of marble is completely different and comes in a variety of shades and styles. Marble countertops are also relatively affordable, depending upon the style you choose. If you choose marble for your kitchen countertops, it’s important to work with a reputable contractor like RT Granite, since properly sealing this stone is essential to its longevity. Upgrade your kitchen or bathroom countertops today with this beautiful, durable stone!
Pros of Marble Countertops
- Marble provides a timeless beauty in its white tones that cannot be duplicated by granite.
- A natural stone that does not conduct heat well, marble tends to stay cool for specialized food preparations like pastries and chocolate tempering.
- Certain types of marble, such as Carrara, are some of the least costly natural stone countertops available.
- Marble is a widely available substance that can be found easily in most stone yards.
Cons of Marble Countertops
- The surface of a marble countertop is very prone to scratches from sharp objects or dulling from acidic items, such as a lemon wedge. It’s important to take great care when working with marble countertops.
- It is also very easy to stain marble with wines or juices.
- Over time, the wear of scratches and stains can cause the marble to lose its glossy luster, so if you want a countertop that keeps its shine, marble may not be the answer.